Monday, March 2, 2009

Quickies

I have to admit I didn't do much research for this week's Quickies post. Both items were sent to me in emails last weeks by friends. With that said, here are this week's Quickie items...

First, this pix of Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams and the related quote was sent to me by my friend "Vern".



Three years ago, after Maryland had lost an embarrassing first round NIT game to Manhattan, a friend called Williams to see how he was holding up. "I drove to the beach right after the game," he said. "I'm trying to take it easy for a little while."

When the friend suggested that a few walks on the beach would do him some good, Williams answer was instantaneous: "There are only so many times," he said, "that you can walk on the damn beach."

Obviously, Coach Williams was thirsty after that walk on the beach because it seems he ended up in a bar in Dewey looking to quench his thirst.

Second, my friend "J.D." in Richmond sent me this article about the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop in Maine. For some reason, I suspect J.D. may already be looking into opening a franchise somewhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment