Monday, March 30, 2009

Quickies

I really should write an entire entry on the Paul Thorn concert I attended last Thursday, and maybe I'll get around to it. But, in the meantime you can enjoy a great piece of Paul Thorn merchandise, the "It's Great Day to Whup Somebody's Ass" bumper sticker. You can go to Paul Thorn's website here.

When I heard that Jamie Dailey and Darrin Vincent were leaving their respective gigs with Doyle Lawson and Ricky Skaggs a couple of years back to start their own band, I had my doubts. I really thought there might be quite a "cheese" factor to them. But, after hearing their debut CD and seeing them at the Music in the Mountains Bluegrass Festival in Summersville, WV last year, I'll readily admit I shouldn't have doubted them. They are one of the best things to hit the bluegrass world in the past several years. Country Standard Time profiles Daliey & Vincent and their new CD here.

Finally, Washington Nationals pitcher Julian Tavarez recently apologized for saying this:

Why did I sign with the Nationals? When you go to a club until 4 a.m. and [are] just waiting, waiting, a 600-pounder looks like J-Lo. And to me, this is Jennifer Lopez right here. It's four in the morning. Too much to drink. All the girls look hot. So the Nationals are Jennifer Lopez to me.

Sounds like Tavarez has listened to Mickey Gilley's "The Girls All Get Prettier at Closing Time" one too many times. Read more about his apology here.

No comments:

Post a Comment