Monday, April 13, 2009

Quickies

First off, a crazy woman in Germany gives new meaning to "joining the polar bear club". (Hmmmm...maybe she had just been at the 420 Club.) Obviously, these aren't the friendly polar bears from the Coke commercials aired at Christmas.



A while back in a follow up post about Facebook, I mentioned how a game day employee, Dan Leone, at Lincoln Financial Field was fired after someone with the Philadelphia Eagles discovered Leone had posted this status on Facebook after safety Brian Dawkins signed with the Dnever Broncos:

Dan is [expletive] devastated about Dawkins signing with Denver. . .Dam Eagles R Retarted!!

Dawkins himself has come to Leone's recscue for at least one game. Dawkins is giving his two tickets for the Broncos-Eagles contest this coming season to Leone. Dawkins told the Philadelphia Daily News:

I thought it'd be a good gesture. Had I not ... signed with Denver, that guy would still have his job. Obviously, he made a decision and out of emotion said something. He was one of probably thousands and thousands of Eagles fans who felt that way. That didn't surprise me, that someone said that on their Facebook. It did surprise me that he was let go, though ... I felt it would be a good thing, to reach out to that individual and just let him know how much I appreciate it.'

In my opinion, the borderline "retarted" Leone came out ahead on the deal.


And finally, it's good to see CMT (Country Music Television) hates my friend Steve Tuttle. A while back Steve wrote this article for Newsweek's website lamenting the state of modern country music. In short order, the piece was dissed here and here on CMT.com. At least the folks at this website liked what Steve wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment