Thursday, January 8, 2009

Long Live the King...and Esau Smith

Today, January 8th, would have been Elvis Presley's 74th birthday. There won't be any long tributes written here, but you can watch one of the last highlights of the King's career. It's Elvis' perfomanace of "Burning Love" during his Aloha from Hawaii concert that was televised to millions around the world in 1973.



(I spent a few days this past September in Memphis. You can read my travel blog entries about my visit to Graceland here and here.)

So, please wish both Elvis and Esau Smith a big happy birthday!

If you are curious as to Esau Smith is, read my second travel blog entry on Graceland. You may find it very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. The list of famous twins is lengthier than I suspected.

    Would you believe me if I told you I was actually Vin Diesel's other, off-the-record twin, and that I starred in several straight to DVD action movies in the 90's before changing my name to Mordecai Jones in 2002?

    ReplyDelete